I'm back with a new job and a new quitting campaign, Questions, support, abuse? Mail to: TheNewNormal

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Third day of Non-Smoking!


Well, the title is a bit misleading because I have been smoking the odd cone here and there, with no spin in it though, so no nicotine. This bushitler gif is from blogfart which is a cool site, you should check it out (unless you're her mum/mom in which case you should stay away.
I've run out of chewy stuff to chew on and can't find anyone who deserves me getting mad at them. If there's anyone out there who desperately needs an abusive e-mail, drop me a line at TheNewNormal@hotmail.com with a subject line asking for abuse
I've stopped smoking longer than 3 days before and then started up again, so I've got to keep my guard up. I sat at a bus stop today (my weakest, need a cig time) but I didn't have one. I actually went to the pub accross the road for a beer and waited for the bus in there and still didn't have a smoke. I took a 'stress ball' into town with me (yes, I am a d!(k-head) but I didn't use it because I felt like a d!{k head.
It's already Thursday, so I'd probably better get to bed. If you want to comment, tell me that I'm a whinging little baby who should thank f$@k for the chance to choose, tell me I'm cool, very cool, The Fonz Cool, whatever, go for it.

2 Interesting comments:

Blogger carrie screamed...

hey, thanks for the shoutout :) I quit smoking 6 years ago and I am quite sure I'll never do it again. I smoked for 7 years and now the thought smoking honestly makes me want to gag. the only time I ever have the urge to smoke is in a bar where everyone else is doing it. I've given into it a couple times while drinking and ended up feeling sick and regretting the hell out of it.
during the first few weeks I tried to quit, I surrounded myself with my nonsmoker friends and it really helped me not to think about it so much. plus I made a list of things I could do besides smoke (things that don't allow for smoking like exercise or any other engaging activity) and picked one everytime I thought about smoking.
perhaps the most helpful bit of info I recieved was that the cravings only last 30 seconds at a time. even tho they may come in succession, it made it easier to know if I could just wait it out it would pass. I think its really all about distraction.
I hope some of this is helpful to you as it was for me and good luck to you :)

12:38 AM  
Blogger Dawn screamed...

Great Morphing picture!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home